MASTERY CONNECT!

Paperwork has ALWAYS been my nemesis!

I can become easily lost in the hurricane storm of paper piles I create in my classroom and home.

I get the need for data collection. I really do.  I have experienced how much better my students do with mastery of standards when I take the time to really analyze the data and use that to guide my teaching.

The act of actually collecting that data?

MY WORST NIGHTMARE!

Our district recently purchased Mastery Connect. I had the same thought many teachers would have when their district rolls out yet one more thing!

However, after going through initial training, I must say, this tool will move what I do in the classroom light years past what I could stumble about doing myself.

Mastery Connect will go beyond grades, which will be a bit of a learning curve for all involved.  It will, however, help us really focus in on those areas where students are struggling.  Not generally struggling.  We will be able to look at the specifics.  We will be able to speak articulately about the areas where students are just not seeing mastery and be able to give very specific, differentiated  instruction that will hopefully aid in eventual mastery.

I believe it will also assist me in keeping data points for RtI as well as kids in Special Education for monitoring purposes.

I am still in the infancy stages with this tool, but I will keep you posted!  Right now, it looks like I will be able to continue pushing my students toward being rock stars in the close reading department!



Comments